Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Fresh, Fresh, Fresh.

Today was the most gorgeous day that I have experienced during my time in San Francisco. Today was also the worst for my stomach. I felt so tired, moody, and sick. I just sat in the car and didn't talk the whole way into the city. I couldn't do anything about it though except for rest, but that didn't last quite that long. By the time we arrived in San Fran and got out into the 70 + degree weather and I stared up into the cloudless, robin's egg blue sky there was no way I would let my moodiness mess this day up. I had to put a smile on. All senses were heightened and the sunshine glistened against the ships docked in the bay. So amazing!



The Ferry Building was our first destination for the day. The market is open Mon- Sun each week and on the weekend's there is a special Farmer's Market( http://www.ferrybuildingmarketplace.com/visitors.php). It is highly recommended that you make it out to the Farmer's Market for fresh selections of produce, home-made items, and great people! If not, definitely check out the shops inside the Ferry Building there is a wide range of stores- information can be found on its website.



It was a place I could see my family selling their goods, especially my Dad with all of his garden goodies and my Mom's fresh-baked vegan desserts. My parents are heavily involved with organic, home grown, fresh food. They need to move to San Francisco, but that's beside the point. The Farmer's Market offers visitors a chance to buy wholesome ingredients for cooking and other uses.



I did some shopping for my family inside the Ferry Building at the delectable chocolate shops, CA mushroom speciality shop, and organic goods store. It was a dream come true and a place that rubbed me the right way!



We headed to Fillmore Street next to hit the Jazz Festival(http://www.fillmorejazzfestival.com/?op=home). It's an annual event that is great for kids, teens, middle-aged, and older people. Seriously, there are A LOT of people who visit the festival and a big warning goes out for anyone who gets uncomfortable in large crowds. For me the environment was perfect, great music, food, items for sale, and people people people!



The parking was disastrous as we had to drive around for 35 minutes to finally get a spot outside of Japantown and walk to Fillmore Street. Get there early and be alert to snag any free parking spot. Once we got onto the Street, we walked up and down. I was starving, so we stopped to get the best potato and spinach knishes I've ever had- no overstatement here. They are freshly grilled up and served hot ready to be topped with ketchup (especially for me). No cheese, no meat, just full of flavor!



After a satisfying lite lunch, we decided to head back to San Mateo and all of a sudden I felt a burst of energy within me and I was ready to start the night!



So, my plans to get everyone together for a last night, dinner hurrah...worked! A bunch of my new friends and I went out for sushi and it was incredible- not only the food, but the experience! We sat around a hibachi table and told jokes and they were so interested in hearing about my time in San Fran and would ask me questions and really show they cared.

One thing I realized about West Coast folks is how personable and approachable they are. They're are so laid back and always out for a laugh. They're not uptight and worried about their problems. I need to surround myself with more people like this!

I was insanely stuffed, but still managed to eat Yogurtouille again. I mean, it was a must, it's my last night- give me a break!

Good laughs, Amazing weather, Caring friends, Delectable food, Fresh new life to lead.

No comments: