Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Talk the talk, Walk the walk- Blog, Blog, Blog

I have been blogging for about three years now and every time I post a new blog I have a feeling that it isn't good enough or interesting enough or I ask myself why would someone want to read this? Then I remember why I started this blog and I realize that it doesn't necessarily matter how many followers I have or how many people actually like my blog posts, but more that I am able to do this freely.

Blogging is become such an art form for people interested in writing and who are technically savvy enough to create a user name and type up some thoughts onto the compose page of the site. It has become a way for people to express their feelings toward specific things or in some cases general day to day events and things that he or she comes in contact with. I enjoy blogging about my life and food and my travels. A lot of what I write about may not seem focused, but my mind never really is, so it is a true representation of my thoughts and feelings.

I recently spoke to a journalism class that I actually took last school year and I stood in front of the class to talk about my blog and give advice to the students. Initially I felt honored and couldn't believe that I was actually asked to talk about this blog. I made sure to explain my background in journal writing and why I wanted to start this blog. It was interesting to hear the reactions and see how some people were bored with the whole idea of blogging. It was then that I realized how I was the same way. I never wanted to start blogging and was so annoyed by the idea of it, but once I started I got hooked. It's a matter of knowing your objective and adding your creativity to the mix of all the blogs in the world.

The one thing I would say to someone thinking about blogging is to do it if you want a way to express yourself and a way to be creative and don't mind people reading about it. I surely don't mind and I will continue to post about my travels, about my food encounters and about my lifelong journey. So continue to enjoy if you have been reading and if not, welcome and I hope you will continue to read my blog.

No comments: