Pages

Friday, July 18, 2008

Wednesday, July 2

Yes! I am flying out to the West Coast. The Coast untroddened by my own two feet. I had only paid $286 for a round trip ticket to Oakland, CA, but it was a red-eye flight and I had a layover in Las Vegas. Of course I didn't mind because when you are looking for affordable and cheap prices, your best bet is to be open to stopping in cities along the way. My layover lasted three hours and during that time I stopped at one of the airport eateries for enough food to hold me over until tomorrow. As I sat alone eating my sandwich, an older man asked to sat with me and being the trusting and friendly person that I am, I let him. I couldn't shut him up after that! We had conversations about San Fran, life, traveling alone. Honestly though I couldn't wait to get on the plane and find myself in San Francisco. Luckily the hour and a half plane ride got me to Oakland by 1:30 AM for my friend to pick me up! A breath of fresh California air filled my lungs and I let it out nice and slow...for once I was relaxed.

No comments: