Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Starting a new chapter

One week before I leave for my trip and I've already started crying about how much I'll miss everything- or I guess in this case everyone. Every day that passes I get more anxious about leaving and more nervous as to what is to come. I don't know if spending time with my boyfriend made things hurt more or gave me reassurance that everything will be OK and we'll pick up where we left off once I return. All I know is that when we said goodbye at the train station there were tears in my eyes and a yearning to run after the train. It felt like I had just swallowed a golf ball and was left choking on it as the man I love sped away on a train in the opposite direction with no one around to help me. Sounds horrible right? Well it was horrible. I waited around for my train and mentally prepared myself for time at home with my family and time preparing for my trip.

Graduating from college was a huge step toward the next part of my life, but now this trip will take me even further. I am sad to be leaving, but honestly I couldn't ask for a better opportunity to do as I please for the next month and a half in Europe. I'll be able to travel, to see the places I've only dreamed of and to eat amazing foods! I am most excited about the latter two because I have been wanting to go to Greece ever since I learned about Ancient Greek history and culture in high school. I can't wait to be standing near the ancient ruins and laying on the beaches of Santorini! But that's only part one. Part two of the trip is going to encompass the ancient ruins of ROME! I will be returning to Italy once again and will travel from the north to the south to the middle and all around.

If I had three wishes for this trip they'd be:
1. I could bring my family and friends along with me to enjoy the vacation time, especially my family because they need a break more than I do.
2. I will meet incredible people and make connections that will help me succeed further in my life and future career.
3. I experience the things that I've always dreamed of plus more and that everything is filled with fun and safety and happy memories are made.

Let's see if the genie is on my side.

No comments: