Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Hut Hair

Seriously though what is up with eating out lately? I go to South Street today to try the Loving Hut that just opened up and it's the only one in Philadelphia, so I'm totally stoked because the one in New York that I went to was pretty cute and the food had a pretty decent taste. Well I ride my bike on down before work and go in to order something inexpensive and with as much food included as possible...the Vegan Burger.

I ask for the eggplant patty instead of the soy patty and I end up getting the soy patty anyway. Listed on the menu description was organic fried tofu as well, but that never made its way onto the burger. Anyway, I ask for the vegan cheese, which ended up tasting like cream cheese. Basically I had a beautiful bun filled with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onions, a soy patty, vegan (cream) cheese and some goopy sauce that was a mix between a BBQ sauce and a plain old goopy sauce. :P Somehow it had a delightful taste and I actually enjoyed it- I may have enjoyed it even more though if I ate it with my eyes closed because a lot of what was in the burger looked weird. The worst part came once I bit into the soy patty in the middle because I noticed a white hair! GAH! The server was so nice and helpful I couldn't get up the courage to tell her about it though. Obviously she was young with black hair and I'm sure she wasn't graying yet, so the hair must not have been hers so who could it have been! YUCK I was definitely turned off. I finished what I could of the sandwich and drank up my iced water before heading out. I'd have to give Loving Hut a 4 for service, 3.5 for food because some looked a little limp and not so appetizing and 4 for options- the desserts and drinks did look good, but a bit overpriced, so pricing would get a 3 ( all on a 1-5 scale).

I'm going to be making it my goal to try a new restaurant every week or so I can blog about it and you can read about it :) but really just so I can keep eating different foods all around the city...hopefully without the hair included!

No comments: